Thursday 19 June 2014

5 years old today!

It's hard to believe, but today is the fifth anniversary of this blog.

I originally started the blog to blather about gaming and swear a lot in a cool and edgy way, but it turned out that I didn't need to be abusive or controversial, I just needed to talk about games. Over the years I've met plenty of fun and interesting people, opened some doors and made new friends. It's been a crazy and incredibly enjoyable journey.

I've yet to reach the destination.

I was looking at my old banners and I found my original header. It wasn't terribly exciting and I changed it plenty of times - I either tried to be sharp and concise or flashy and colourful - but I like the banner I have now.

My original banner

I'm still having a good time and now that I cover a lot of different aspects of the science fiction and fantasy genre and I've got some fellow hobbyists involved, so there's plenty of potential for the blog. I think I might go out and have some cake. And, possibly, a beer.

Happy 5th Birthday to my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment