Thursday 30 January 2014

13th Age - the first game of the New Year

For one reason or another I've not had the chance to get back into gaming this year, but last night I sat down and resumed my 13th Age campaign, set in the world of Forgotten Realms, with Andy, Jase and Rich.

It was a slow start as we got back up to speed with the characters, the rules and what was going on; the last game, played almost six weeks ago, ended with a murder the PCs had to solve so the impetus was slightly lacking and my notes, which made a lot of sense to me at the time, were now a little confusing. I managed to get things back on track and even though they worked out how and why the murder took place they did not manage to apprehend the guilty party. That's created a fantastic ongoing adventure hook as they travel to Ten-towns. I could get some mileage out of their pursuit of the bad guy in Icewind Dale and beyond as they have a monetary and, more importantly, a personal interest in catching up with him.

It was a good game and it's really nice to be back in the GMing seat again. I wasn't sure if my heart would be 100% in the game as my head is travelling the worlds of Flash Gordon at the moment, but I quite quickly put all that to one side and immersed myself in D&D.

Happy New Gaming Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment