Monday 13 July 2009

Monday Musings

I really miss GMing.

I am enjoying the Thursday night D&D 4e game I'm in as I've not played in years, and it's great to react to situations instead of creating them. It's just that I love the idea of creating a plot and characters and then presenting that creation to the players. That way I'm constantly involved in the game and I'm not sitting back every now and then whilst another player has the spotlight.

So what does that make me? Selfish? Or an attention whore? I don't know. Maybe both.

In other news, I was going through my PC hardrive and I found notes for about 5 different ideas I had for RPG systems. One of them was based around the D20 (the dice, not the system) and had skills, spell lists and advancement rules. I was surprised to find it as it was a precursor to my SKETCH system and I thought I'd dumped it (I went with SKETCH as it was much simpler and D6 based) but no, there it was. I think I'll take Rob Lang's advice, tidy it up and put it out there to see if it gets any positive feedback. Then I'll decide what to do with it.

Finally - I really really want to run an epic campaign of MERP, but in a fantasy Dark Age Britain setting I designed a long time ago. The Romans have left and magic slowly returns to the land... I have a massive map of Ancient Britain, you see, with all the old place names and historical sites so most of the work is done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment