Wednesday 14 August 2013

A fresh coat of paint - the future of Farsight Blogger

Regular visitors to this blog will have noticed a change to the design and presentation of this site and the fact that posts have slowed somewhat over the last few weeks. This is because I've taken a break, stepped back from the hobby for a little while and tried to get a fresh perspective of what this blog is about and what it is I want to do with it.

I love tabletop gaming - roleplaying, boardgaming and, when I get the chance, wargaming - and I will no doubt continue to do it for a very long time, and whitter on about it on this blog. But there's plenty of other nerd stuff I really enjoy as well - movies, books, comics, toys etc - and I have plenty of things to say about these, too. I did briefly consider creating a new site which I designed and was going to call 'Farsight Nerdrage', designed specifically for these other loves of mine.

'Farsight Nerdrage' never materialised and I deleted the blog before posting a single comment, mainly because I honestly don't think I have the time to run two blogs about my hobbies. Instead, I've decided to amalgamate the two and write about everything I enjoy on this blog alone. There'll still be gaming articles and reviews but they'll be supported by other stuff that interests me, and hopefully you'll be interested, too. I've decided to be much more opinionated in my articles and express my views as I see fit. This isn't meant to provoke or upset people who have differing views from me but to invite discussion, heated or otherwise.

I'll also be inviting guest writers, too - if you have an article, review or just want to air some views then email me your stuff and, if it's suitable, I'll post it here.

To make sure you're kept up to date it might be worth subscribing so that you get emails letting you know about what's new, or 'Like' the Facebook page, or follow me on Twitter. There's plenty of ways.

So, let your friends know. Farsight Blogger will be back soon to take a new path in it's journey, and I hope you'll come with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment